You are here
Our ambition in Mali
In Mali, too, the focus is on the sustainable management of drinking water systems and sanitation facilities. Due to the difficult situation in the north, Join For Water focuses on Bamako and the Mopti region. Urbanization poses major challenges, particularly in the area of sanitation. The completion of the sanitation chain is a major focus of attention.
Our activities in Mali
In the Mopti region and in the Koulikoro region (Mountougoula municipality) - located in central Mali - a lot of attention is given to Integrated Water Resources Management, so that there is always enough water for everyone and for every use. Farmers' groups and farmers' organizations are trained in farming techniques, plot management and the principles of Integrated Water Management. New latrine blocks will be installed in schools and sufficient awareness will be raised on proper use and hygiene.
In the capital Bamako, Join For Water focuses on drinking water points and drinking water kiosks, with a focus on waste and wastewater management with a small sanitation network and a latrine sludge treatment plant. Training and support for municipalities, service providers, civil society and social NGOs are on the agenda.
In 2 municipalities of Bamako, Join For Water wants to close the sanitation chain with an innovative approach. This means that there are not only latrines, but also that the contents are emptied, removed and processed safely. An emptying service must operate in a professional manner with the necessary equipment, technical training and hygienic on-the-job training. At the same time, Join For Water aims to increase the number of families using the service.
It is also important to communicate the results to the public, service providers and authorities.
Our partners in Mali
- AMASBIF - Association Malienne Pour La Sauvegarde du Bien-être Familial
- ADeCB - Association pour le Développement des Communautés à la base
- Commune I (District Bamako)
- Commune IV (District Bamako)
- ONG Action Mopti
- Commune Rurale de Mountougoula
Financing and support
- DGD - Directorate-general Development Cooperation
- Via Water NL via A4A
- Practica Foundation
- Via Water
- THe Flemish Administration, Farys and Antea Belgium via VPWvO
- VPK Packaging
- Ecobeton Water Technologies
- Family and friends Elise Delsaerdt
- Lindemans friends
- Association Sud-Nord
- Universiteit Antwerpen (Antwerp University - expertise)
- Denys via Entrepreneurs for Entrepreneurs
- Aquafin via Entrepreneurs for Entrepreneurs